It was an awesome Halloween this year. Pays and I were both off which was so great. Henry's class had a Halloween party at school so we were both able to go. Super cute to see all of his classmates dressed up. Sadly, I forgot my phone!
After naps the kids were ready to roll! We got ready and ate a picnic dinner outside and enjoyed a fire that Pays made in the fire pit. Pays and I both put on our cave man/woman costumes which the kids thought were just hysterical. Pays quickly became Poppy de la jungla (Poppy of the jungle) they both loved being chased by the new resident caveman. (And now that Henry knows that Pays has the costume, he wants him to wear it. Every. Day.)
Trick or treating was super fun but after about 45 minutes Samantha was ready to go home to hand out candy. She had the BEST time giving out candy. It was so cute. She literally patrolled the end of the driveway and when she saw some kids coming she would run back for her bowl of candy and meet them in the driveway. Then she would ask them what their favorite candy was and just pile it into their bags. She was in HEAVEN!
A quick story about Henry on Halloween that I don't want to forget…about 6 weeks ago we thought Henry had lost a new Spiderman action figure, Reptilian AKA scary guy. He had brought it to my Aunt Sue's and we couldn't find it anywhere when it was time to go home. On Halloween my mom came over and at some point Henry was playing near her car and trotted back to us with "scary guy." When I asked him where he came from he said Nonni's car. He took my back over and showed me that he had put the toy in the grill of mom's car. "I forgot about it, but now I remember" was his explanation. Ridiculous! Of course, "scary guy" made the rounds in the neighborhood that night and has been very present in his play over the past week. Don't think he will be taking any more road trips any time soon!
Spidey is ready for action!
A sweet picture before heading to school
A witch joined us for trick or treating
"Scary guy" is back in action!


No comments:
Post a Comment